[standards-jig] gateway handling of legacy contact lists

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Mon Dec 15 23:48:52 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 12:44:08PM -0700, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> Unfortunately, all of the transport-modifies-the-users-roster stuff will
> only work if you are using a transport on your own server.  There's no way
> we should allow a transport running on a remote domain to have direct access
> to the user's roster.

It can work under certain circumstances, but its hard.

We had a discussion about this stuff a few months ago on jdev. This
summary is about as far as we got, but might be a useful jumping off
point for this group:

  http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jdev/2003-September/016673.html

Maybe it'll help :)

Rob.