[standards-jig] gateway handling of legacy contact lists

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Tue Dec 16 20:23:45 UTC 2003

Imagine my knowing that your server implements these extensions, running a
service on a server of mine purporting to be a gateway, and modifying your
roster without your permission.

In an S2S world, how do you do the authentication and authorization?  How
does the user delegate this authority?  Is it authority to change your whole
roster, or just a portion of it that the gateway owns?  If it's just a
portion, how do you denote that?

--
Joe Hildebrand