[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0123 (Entity Metadata)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 17 04:19:21 UTC 2003

I've updated JEP-0123 (Entity Metadata) rather seriously. Gone is the
wrapper protocol -- now it uses service discovery (JEP-0030) requests
sent to a "common node" named 'metadata'. The changelog for version 0.3
is:

   Incorporated infobits changes and vCard infobit mappings; metadata
   about relationships to be moved to forthcoming JEP. (psa)

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0123.html

Note that I have removed metadata about relationships to other entities
(JIDs or URIs) from this JEP, and will soon publish another JEP that
defines relationship metadata. Ideally, we could use a common service
discovery node for this too, but to do that right would require a change
to JEP-0030. I will socialize that concept with the Council before
moving forward with it. It could be done without such a change, but the
pure disco solution is more elegant (and consistent with the approach
now taken by JEP-0123).

Cheers!

Jabber Software Foundation