AW: [standards-jig] JEP-0022 composing Events

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at myjabber.net
Sat Feb 1 19:39:06 UTC 2003

Hello,

try to explain my problem again.

RECV:
<message from="srlee at myjabber.net/Home" to="gnauck at myjabber.net/Home"
id="MX_10">
    <x xmlns="jabber:x:event">
      <composing/>
    </x>
</message>

i receive a message from srlee. Then i have to fetch the ID for my composing
event. I start to type a chat message and send a composing Event to him

SEND:
<message from="gnauck at myjabber.net/Home" to="srlee at myjabber.net/Home">
    <x xmlns="jabber:x:event">
      <composing/>
	<id>MX_10</id>
    </x>
</message>

srlee receives this Event and his client shows in statusbar of the chat
window "Alex is typing a message". Now my message is finished and i send it.
And of course always with the information that i support composing events.

SEND:
<message from="gnauck at myjabber.net/Home" to="srlee at myjabber.net/Home"
id="MX_210">
	<x xmlns="jabber:x:event">
		<composing/>
      </x>
</message>

srlee receives this message and removes the "Alex is typing a message" from
the statusbar of the chatwindow. Now i want to send him another message. But
havent received a new message from him. So i have NO new ID and i cant send
the MX_10 again. But i want to show him again that i am typing a message.
What to do now ? Can i create a new ID and send a normal composing event ?

Alex