[standards-jig] JEP-0022 composing Events

Bob Wyman bobwyman at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 15 08:40:07 UTC 2003

Alexander Gnauck's questions may be mute since Microsoft has recently
received a patent (US 6,519,639) on the "activity monitoring" which is
the core of any method of implementing "composing event."

http://www.jabber.org/pipermail/im-patents/2003-February/000076.html

I would suggest that folk interested in JEP-0022's composing event
carefully study the Microsoft patent to determine if continuing with
JEP-0022 would be an infringement. Perhaps Microsoft will consider
licensing to Jabber?

		bob wyman