[standards-jig] finalizing emoticons (JEP-0038)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Feb 20 00:40:31 UTC 2003

OK, I know your eyes may glaze over at the mention of emoticons, but
personally I think it will be good to standardize their usage within the
Jabber community, and I'd like to thank Adam Theo for working on JEP-0038
to do just that. (For instance I can definitely see emoticons being part
of an Advanced or Full protocol level.) So I'd like to point the list to a
web page put together by Mattias Campe, wherein he discusses several small
suggested changes to JEP-0038.

http://users.pandora.be/cobnet/Werkmap/jep0038.html

Both of these changes make sense to me but let's discuss this and finalize
JEP-0038 -- it's been around long enough to move forward by now. :)

Thanks!

Jabber Software Foundation