[standards-jig] LAST CALL: Service Discovery (JEP-0030)

Nick nick at devzero.homelinux.com
Wed Feb 26 01:50:20 UTC 2003

I still feel "node" has not been fully addressed and is still
ambigious. Right before example number 5 there is a statement about
"may be associated" thats not strong enough. It should read something
like this: "The requesting entity SHOULD NOT assume anything about the
'node' only that it is a unique string/attribute to address non
addressable things. Node semantics are left up to the implementor so
long as the requesting entity follows the previous"

I understand the example shows one semantic, but those could very well
be md5 hashes or random characters assigned to those items.

It needs to be made very clear, the jep does not impose/imply/dictate a
node semantic and that the requesting entity should never assume
anything about the node semantic.

--

Nicholas Perez
Email: 	nick at devzero.homelinux.com