[standards-jig] NEW: Stock Data Transmission (JEP-0067)

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Tue Jan 14 18:29:09 UTC 2003

Ulrich,

The JEP looks clear and strightforward to me. Do you have any examples of
how a client would subscribe to a certain stock symbol or symbols? Does it
make sense it include those in the document, or do you feel that can be
inferred from the pub/sub JEP?

Also, for the bar chart/time series data portion, how does the client know
that the time series data has been completely sent? For instance, if I
wanted to get a full day chart of a symbol, like MSFT, that includes the
price/volume data sliced into 15 minute increments, how would this be sent
to the client? Would multiple data point XML packets be sent, or just a
single packet that contained all the data points? If the former, how would I
know that all the price/volume data has been sent to me so I can display the
chart?

Thanks