[standards-jig] v. 0.3 of JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Tue Jan 21 17:29:20 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:37:55AM -0700, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> > Also, if the node configuration form IS subject to JEP 0068,
> > that means
> > that thought up configuration fields all need to start with
> > 'x-'. As no
> > fields are predefined in JEP-0060 v. 0.3, that means all fields?
>
> My intent with -68 was that you can standardize the fields with JANA
> independently from the JEP, so that you don't have to change the JEP to add
> new fields.  I would expect most JEPs that use -68 to define some small,
> minimal set, the JEP author to register those with JANA, and then allow JANA
> to add new field types to that form over time.

I thought so much, so basically we have to come up with that minimal set. The
fields that are in the examples are a good starting point (stripped of
their pubsub_ prefix, which is unneeded because we are already in a
namespace about pubsub). But I'll let pgm take a stab at this ;-)

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm