[standards-jig] SOAP over Jabber

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jan 27 18:52:54 UTC 2003

Heh, I sent my message before I checked mail in this folder today, so I
didn't realize you already posted about this.

It seems to me that the only potential hurdle is the fact that SOAP
requires a full document, whereas Jabber sends XML snippets that are not
full documents. So a Jabber SOAP component or library might need to put
the document headers back on after the SOAP call is received over Jabber.
Other than that, it seems that SOAP over Jabber would be fairly simple
(we'd just use a wrapper <query/> similar to what we do for Jabber-RPC).

But maybe I'm missing something....

Jabber Software Foundation