[standards-jig] Re: JEP-0102

Dave Smith dizzyd at jabber.org
Thu Jul 3 15:10:33 UTC 2003

> BTW, is Antepo's Jabber solution truly XMPP complaint? As far as I can
> tell Antepo's  doesn't support SASL nor the instream STARTTLS mechanism
> as required by XMPP Core. Could it be that Antepo wants Jabber.org to
> approve JEP-102 so that it can assure it's customers of a proper
> authorization and encryption support while dragging its feet
> implementing SASL and TLS as per XMPP Core?

This is uncalled for, inflammatory, inappropriate speculation.

Speaking as one who has made "uncalled for, inflammatory, inappropriate",
speculative remarks in the past, I would encourage us all to avoid these
sorts of personal attacks -- they are counter-productive.  I've found that
as much fun as it is to blast how you really feel to the list, it
ultimately hurts the community and slows innovation.

Diz