[standards-jig] Fw: JEP-102 XMPP Seccurity extension

Jean-Louis Seguineau/EXC/ENG jean-louis.seguineau at antepo.com
Fri Jul 4 18:14:57 UTC 2003

Hi,

This the original first comment I received from temas (hope your feeling
better), that I have not yet been able to address properly.
One thing though, temas was already hinting at the JEP being too binding,
and I can assure you that this is far from what I intended to convey. After
all XMLEnc and XMLDsig are meant to be applied to any XML element, and when
I describe the JEP as being a framework, I really meant that apart from
certain mandatory packet structure (like in the key exchange part) the way
other XMPP stanzas were to be encoded was pretty much left to the
implementer. It is obviously not what is understood by the first commenters,
and I can trace that to my redaction style. I such conditions, I could do
with some help in that respect. Temas, in view of the draft you had started
working on, would you like to co-author JEP102 ?

--jean-louis