[standards-jig] LAST CALL: JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe)
alexey at sevcom.net
Thu Jul 10 10:29:01 UTC 2003
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:46:31 -0500, you said:
PS> I hereby issuue a Last Call for JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe).
PS> This Last Call begins today and will end at the close of business
PS> on Friday, July 18. Comment early, comment often!
Pub/sub service now works on pubsub.jabber.ru. Feel free to use and
test it. Please, mail me if you'll find bugs.
* User with jid <user>@<server> can create node only under
"home/<server>/<user>". You can't create node if parent node not
exists (i.e. you can't create home/jabber.org/user/avatar if you not
create home/jabber.org/user). At this moment following nodes exists:
"home/jabber.ru", "home/e.jabber.ru", "home/jabber.org".
* Section "7.1.5 Request current affiliations" of jep-0060 is not
implemented, because it contains no description of usage.
* Configuration of subscription and nodes is not implemented (yet)
* All subscriptions are open and subscribers receive notifications with
payload (until configuration will be implemented)
* You can't obtain a list of all nodes from "pubsub/nodes", because this
looks like easy way to overload service, c2s and s2s connections on servers
with thousands users.
Comments about jep-60:
* In example 81 <var/> should be replaced with <value/>
* In examples with x:data form, indentation is slightly broken
More information about the Standards