[standards-jig] LAST CALL: JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe)

Alexey Shchepin alexey at sevcom.net
Thu Jul 10 10:29:01 UTC 2003

Hello, Peter!

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:46:31 -0500, you said:

 PS> I hereby issuue a Last Call for JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe).
 PS> This Last Call begins today and will end at the close of business
 PS> on Friday, July 18. Comment early, comment often!

Pub/sub service now works on pubsub.jabber.ru.  Feel free to use and
test it.  Please, mail me if you'll find bugs.

Notes:

* User with jid <user>@<server> can create node only under
  "home/<server>/<user>".  You can't create node if parent node not
  exists (i.e. you can't create home/jabber.org/user/avatar if you not
  create home/jabber.org/user).  At this moment following nodes exists:
  "home/jabber.ru", "home/e.jabber.ru", "home/jabber.org".

* Section "7.1.5 Request current affiliations" of jep-0060 is not
  implemented, because it contains no description of usage.

* Configuration of subscription and nodes is not implemented (yet)

* All subscriptions are open and subscribers receive notifications with
  payload (until configuration will be implemented)

* You can't obtain a list of all nodes from "pubsub/nodes", because this
  looks like easy way to overload service, c2s and s2s connections on servers
  with thousands users.

Comments about jep-60:

* In example 81 <var/> should be replaced with <value/>

* In examples with x:data form, indentation is slightly broken