[standards-jig] pubsub usability for avatars and similar stuff

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Fri Jul 18 14:30:49 UTC 2003

Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> Hello,
> I think some kind of disco request to the server, which would return
> base of user-writable nodes, should be used.

I can appreciate the desire for this, but I would think that the "instant-node"
concept presented in the JEP (see Example 6) would typically be used by clients
if they just need a node to store stuff into. This allows a client to just
discover the service, then create a node, and start publishing to it. The pubsub
server will automatically create a node-id using it's own hierarchy, or an
un-used opaque string.

pgm.