[standards-jig] JEP-85: Chat State Notifications

Peter Ronez prnz404 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 05:41:52 UTC 2003

> Before I respond to this, can you please provide a little more context
> about why you need finer granularity than a "conversational" (i.e.
> thread) level event? I'm not sure what a "gone" event means, when
> applied to a single message...

Sorry, I think I may have given the wrong impression about the GONE event. I
need the GONE event but not in relation to a particular message. So you're
right, I personally don't have a use for message ID with GONE.

However, I do have a use for a message ID in combination with COMPOSING -- I
use the message ID with compose to line up sent and received messages with one
another.