[standards-jig] UPDATED: File Transfer JEPs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jul 21 22:02:21 UTC 2003

As OSCON, a number of developers implemented file transfer using the
suite of JEPs 95, 96, and 65. It was quite a picture: Ryan Eatmon and
Peter Millard added support to Net::Jabber and Exodus respectively, and
sent files through a proxy component that Dave Smith wrote at OSCON,
with all the traffic going through Rob Norris's local jabberd2 server,
plus I was editing the JEPs in real time as protocols were adjusted to
meet the needs of real-world implementers. Lots of fun.

So the following JEPs have been updated to reflect the work we did in
Portland:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0095.html
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0096.html
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0065.html

In addition, Ryan Eatmon wrote a new JEP that specifies a stream
initiation profile for sending a directory tree rather than a single
file:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0105.html

Good stuff! I'm sure a little cleanup may still be required on some of
these, but we have working implementations and protocols approaching
stability, so let's get this file transfer stuff finished and move on
to bigger and better things. :)

Jabber Software Foundation