[standards-jig] NEW: User Moods (JEP-0107)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jul 23 03:38:28 UTC 2003

I've written a JEP defining a simple extension to convey user moods. I
realize that this is quite similar to (if more complete than) JEP-0014,
which was rejected by the Jabber Council last fall. However, it has come
to my attention that a protocol of this kind is perceived to be needed
in order to make Jabber feature-complete vis-a-vis other IM protocols
out there (especially Wireless Village). The protocol extension in this
new JEP is much more complete than the similar Wireless Village protocol
and should help us bridge the perceived features gap in the area of what
people call "rich" or "extended" presence.

Anyway, the JEP is here:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0107.html

Let the flames begin!

Jabber Software Foundation