[standards-jig] On the Subject of Avatars

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jul 23 16:46:18 UTC 2003

    JK> Also, I consider "photo" to be something that doesn't change
    JK> very often, just like the rest of the vcard.

You use <PHOTO>? It's good to know someone does... all that
MIME-tagging in there for nothing would be kind of annoying.

    JK> Avatars have the potential to change much more often,
    JK> especially as they reflect the current state of the contact.

Well, DSAs specifically are not for "mood indicators" or such. I
suggest that users would prefer having relatively static avatars --
changing once every N logins, where N > 3 -- right now to having
all-singing-all-dancing metavataroids in 2005.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
evan at prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us