[standards-jig] NEW: User Moods (JEP-0107)

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Wed Jul 23 17:04:52 UTC 2003

I love it.  As long as the mood value sticks to an enumeration and we
can do things other than show text for a mood, then I'm all for it. ;)
As someone who has been using IM since the beginning, I feel this is an
essential part of text-based online interpersonal communications.

I wonder if this could be integrated with JEP-038?  Moods and emoticons
go hand in hand.  Perhaps they should just reference each other.  Oh,
the heading on Example 2 is wrong and section 5 still talks about
presence. :)

JD

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0107.html

I changed show and status to value and text, I hope that's okay (yes,
show and status have *always* annoyed me, they are not named well).

But I'll change it back if you complain loudly enough... ;)