[standards-jig] x:data question

Jeremy Nickurak atrus at jabber.spam.rifetech.com
Thu Jul 24 06:01:30 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 13:07, Jean-Louis Seguineau/EXC/ENG wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to have the "official" position about using x:data (JEP0004) to
> render a form in the context of <message/>
>
> The particular issue is related to the message type. Although I understand
> the use of x:data in a normal message (with not type or a type='normal') I
> have some difficulties fitting the use of x:data to render a form in a
> type='chat' message. In most cases chat messages are all posted in the same
> windozs identifying the conversation, with the complete thread showing in
> the window.
> Isn't there a case here to limit the use of x:data for form rendering to
> certain message types (normal, maybe headline) ?

Definately not for headline. Headline explicitly means that the message
is of a one-way broadcast type, so sending a filled out form back
wouldn't make sense at all.

My gut tells me that type=chat shouldn't have a problem with x:data...
chat means that there's a one-on-one conversation of sorts, and fields
to fill out don't seem to specifically contradict that idea. That
doesn't mean I can imagine a way to implement them in a way that would
relate to the chat window.
--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus at rifetech.com =-
"I do not know how World War III will be fought,  but World War IV