[standards-jig] jep 65 - bytestream type

Ulrich B. Staudinger chicago5 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 24 09:09:53 UTC 2003

Yes, i know 65 has settled already. but it makes no sense for me to
negotiate twice if everything can be done in a single negotiation
session. every negotiation session increases chances of error occurance.
enhancing 65 to include a stream type as a subspace/subnode would really
help a lot, not only for possible session merging which can come at a
later point. it would allow stream blocking, too. for example, some
proxys just allow gsm traffic (which has very low bandwidth req) while
other proxys allow all sorts of bytestreams (the topnode bytestream).
i.e. /bytestream, /bytestream/gsm, /bytestream/h323, /bytestream/tradedata.

i really see sense in adding a subspace into the bytestream domain and
it would not break up existing implementations.

ulrich