[standards-jig] Re: [JDEV] Voice over IP
jajcus at bnet.pl
Fri Jul 25 06:51:00 UTC 2003
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:50:35PM -0600, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> Yes, you should look more into sdpng.
> http://www.dmn.tzi.org/ietf/mmusic/sdp-ng/, and in particular:
I have skim read this draft. Generally I like it, but there are things
I dont like about it.
- I would prefer it as JEP rather then IETF draft
- Why messages are used? It seems OK for invitation, but for nothing
more. However I am not sure how to make it well with <iq/> neither.
- Some stream/proxy negotiation before SDP is used would be nice. But
this may be covered by another document (some JEP I hope). Maybe the
protocol should allow to use a man in the middle (proxy component of
XMPP server), which could proxy UDP streams and rewrite SDP data. For
this to work tins recipient addres has to be different than message
Other solutiwon would be transparent proxying, but I don't like it
- this would require servers to inspect all passed messages.
- Why this draft is so hidden? If you didn't sent links here I will
probably not know it exists. Thats why I would prefer it as JEP.
More information about the Standards