[standards-jig] software version

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Sun Jul 27 16:02:58 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 05:46:42PM +0200, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> I am more in favour of putting an <x xmlns="jabber:x:oob"/> inside the
> element it describes. So if you want to describe the software product,
> put it inside the <query xmlns="jabber:iq:version"/> element. If you want
> to link to information about the creator, put it in that element.

What would be advantage of this?
Handling jabber:x:oob instead of one attribute will be harder to
implement. And jabber:x:oob was ment for downloading and in many
implementations it triggers downloading, not browsing - so even if some
code could be reused it will not work as it should unless modified for
this case.

Greets,
        Jacek