[standards-jig] software version

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Jul 27 19:14:15 UTC 2003

    JK> Look at XHTML specs. Both XHTML 1.0 and XHTML 1.1 use the same
    JK> namespace, but XHTML 1.1 includes some elements not present in
    JK> XHTML 1.0. And XHTML is defined by W3C and they probably know
    JK> what they are doing.

You know, that's a painful counterexample. I mean, the namespace
policy for the W3C is very clear:

       http://www.w3.org/1999/10/nsuri

Namely:

       "This namespace name (URI) will only be used to refer to this
       version of this specification: different URIs will be used for
       any and all new versions of the specification"

That's a template policy, but it _is_ used in W3C recommendations. I
can't tell you why XHTML is an exception, but it's come up enough that
I've sent off a message to www-html at w3.org to ask.

Maybe we need to have an explicit namespace policy for Jabber?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
evan at prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us