[standards-jig] informational vs. standards-track

Casey Crabb crabbkw at nafai.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 30 16:38:28 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:23:44PM +0200, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> Hmm. I would say Jabber Enhancement Proposals are just that: proposals. My
> take is we need a separate list of accepted protocols JEPs and call them
> Jabber Standards[*]. With their own number.

I'm definately +1 on this. Once something is 'accepted' as standard it
should move to a different list and be given a new number.

Then people who want to just get the 'standard' stuff down in their
server/client/component can look at one list, and people who want to
additionally work on new stuff through the JSF (as opposed to on their
own) can check the other list to see what's out there and where they
want to contribute.

--
Casey