[standards-jig] informational vs. standards-track

John Gianola gianola at careflow.com
Wed Jul 30 18:01:08 UTC 2003

I know I'm new at this, but I couldn't help joining in this discussion.
Why not have a selected core of protocols to which every XMPP-Compliant
application must adhere and then publish accepted extensions, that while
have been standardized and peer-reviewed, are not part of the Core and
thus, not needed for compliance (This is a chance to really use the
features tag in streams)? But all servers must accept and process plain
XMPP messages.