[standards-jig] informational vs. standards-track

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jul 30 22:27:04 UTC 2003

People:

1. We have a page that lists standard protocols:

   http://www.jabber.org/protocol/

   Yes, It would be best to transfer things from JEP format to just
   a page there when they go Final (no more JEP number, just things
   like "disco.html"). I intend to clean up that section of the website
   after I get back from vacation next week.

2. All Experimental JEPs contain an explicit warning about the status
   of the proposal. Should we also warn people about Informational JEPs?
   Possibly. I'll do that after I get back from vacation next week.

3. We have a proposal that defines a standard protocol suite for minimal
   functionality (JEP-0073), which will aligns with compliance testing
   (whenever that happens, and whoever does it). I plan to push that
   forward after I get back from vacation next week.

4. I consider everything else in this thread to be "sound and fury,
   signifying nothing" -- but I look forward to catching up on the
   progress of this and other flame wars after I get back from vacation
   next week.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm going on vacation next week? Hot damn,
I'm looking forward to it!

--stpeter

"Carthago Delenda Est." -- Cato the Elder