[standards-jig] SASL Libs

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Fri Jun 6 17:39:55 UTC 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 06:22:44PM -0700, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> Python: I don't see a stand-alone library, but there's a one
> built into Python-LDAP that could probably be extracted and used:
>
>         http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/pydoc/ldap.sasl.html

I don't think so. AFAIK these are bindings to openldap SASL support for
LDAP connections only.

But I made a simple SASL implementation for pyxmpp
(http://www.jabberstudio.org/projects/pyxmpp). I didn't test it against
any other SASL implementation so I am not sure it is correct, but even
if there are some bugs, they should be easy to fix.

SASL and legacy Jabber authentication in pyxmpp may be tested using:
http://jabbertest.bnet.pl/

Greets,
        Jacek