[standards-jig] UPDATED: Flexible Offline Message Retrieval (JEP-0013)

Alexey Shchepin alexey at sevcom.net
Thu Jun 12 19:54:30 UTC 2003

Hello, Peter!

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:49:00 -0500, you said:

 PS> I've made a few minor adjustments to JEP-0013 (Flexible Offline Message
 PS> Retrieval) to track changes in JEP-0082 (now Draft) and to fix a few
 PS> errors in the XML Schema. From my perspective this JEP is now ready for a
 PS> Last Call, and I will request one from the Council very soon.

I suggest to use not disco (or not only disco) for retrieving message headers,
because messages have more useful attributes than sender jid and receiving time
(e.g. subject, thread, type).  User may want to retrieve all chat messages from
one jid, or sort messages by subject or by thread, and so on...