[standards-jig] LAST CALL: JEP-0013 (Flexible Offline Message Retrieval)

Jeremy Nickurak atrus at jabber.spam.rifetech.com
Fri Jun 13 18:33:34 UTC 2003

To reiterate on the right list:

I still have my reservations about this JEP's existance in its current
form.

As I see it, this jep describes a method of accessing a viewing a
summary of saved messages, then viewing any/all of those messages. But
for some reason, it limits itself to the purpose of "offline message
retrieval". Couldn't this concept be broadened some to include a much
wider range of applications? Access to mailing list archives, conference
logs, server-side message history... even things like NNTP and IMAP are
just SO close to being already covered by the specification talked about
here.

I would hate to see this particular technology become a standart part of
jabber installations, only to see a re-invention of the wheel shortly
after that makes the idea redundant.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus at rifetech.com =-