[standards-jig] message formatting (XHTML IM)

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Thu Jun 19 05:49:17 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 23:53 US/Eastern, Peter Saint-Andre
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:33:46PM -0400, Julian Missig wrote:
>>
>> If you're referring to my proposal, then I believe you misunderstood
>> my
>> intent. My intent was to use a subset of the XHTML Basic proposal that
>> the W3C had already started when I wrote my proposal. I broke down the
>> important parts of XHTML Basic and stated which parts clients should
>> implement, must implement, may implement, and probably shouldn't
>> implement. My proposal was not to call it "XHTML Basic" :)
>
> I might have misunderstood -- do it all the time.
>
> However, my understanding of XHTML Basic was that you couldn't subset
> it, since it was a "profile" based on XHTML Modularization.
>
> I'll fix the reference if we decide to go forward with this XHTML
> stuff.

Yeah, my intent wasn't to "subset" it per say, but the overall result
was that there were subsets. I know in the W3C's view, my proposal
probably wasn't completely "proper", just not in quite the same way you
describe. Anyway, it's just a point for historical accuracy, nothing
more ;)

Julian