[standards-jig] JEP-071 extended for Presence

David 'TheRaven' Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Thu Jun 19 15:22:42 UTC 2003

While it logically belongs in presence, clients on expensive links are
probably not going to want this info (or, avatars or PGP keys in
presence elements, all of which eat bandwidth and therefore money).
 Perhaps we need an extra tag in presence indicating the parts of a
presence element we do want, and everything else could be stripped by
the server?  Something along the lines of the way in which composing and
other events are requested with a message element.  Just a thought.