[standards-jig] message formatting (XHTML IM)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Jun 19 16:52:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 05:55:15PM +0200, Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> It's ok to put that in a different JEP. I think the question more is,
> if support for MathML is disco'd, should it be allowed to embed the
> MathML into the XHTML part of the message, or should it be seperate?

MathML uses its own namespace, doesn't it? So the XHTML-IM should say,
that all elements in unknown namespaces should be ignored, and usage of
other namespaces inside the XHTML text should be defined in separate
JEPS and separately discovered using disco. But it still can be bart of
one element inside the <message/> stanza.

Greets,
        Jacek