[standards-jig] message formatting (XHTML IM)

Matt Jankowski jankowski at bigwhoop.org
Thu Jun 19 21:11:49 UTC 2003

It also has the advantage of being widely understood and supported, and
would allow for easier integration w/ other apps.  Anything built to
understand the semantics of XHTML could right away understand the
semantics of an xmpp message that it came across.

I think that MS-style WYSIWYG editing tools, Wiki-markup, textile-markup
and irc-esque codes are fine on the client side, but we should encourage
meaningful XML within the protocol where it's appropriate.