[standards-jig] message formatting (XHTML IM)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Jun 19 22:05:27 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 05:08:43PM -0400, Julian Missig wrote:

> +1
>
> If we use Textile, I don't think we can remove the *'s, /'s, and _'s.
> Mozilla Mail sort of implements it like that. I certainly wouldn't have
> a problem with clients making *foo* bold, as long as they don't remove
> the *'s. I still think we should move forward with XHTML IM.

Great, we seem to be building consensus around XHTML IM (maybe it was
not in vain that I wrote this JEP).

Next question: Are there any changes people would like to see in
JEP-0071? I found a few nits over breakfast the other day, and I know
the schema needs fixing. Do client developers think the range of
element and attribute support is too broad, too narrow, just right?
properties? Your friendly neighborhood protocol geek would like to know.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0071.html