[standards-jig] message formatting (XHTML IM)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Mon Jun 23 18:46:30 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:41:21AM -0500, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> OK, I plan to do the following:
>
> 1. Remove <cite/> and <q/>

I think <cite/> and <q/> could be very usefull, eg. when commenting
changes in XMPP protocol :-). Probably someone whoud need to invent some
UI helper for this, but if there is potential use, ther doesn't seem to
be any potential abuse and its trivial to implement - it should stay.

> 2. Make <image/> a SHOULD

Seems OK.

> What about <div/>? Should we keep that?

If we have <blockquote/> <div/> cannot no anything worse. And

Greets,
        Jacek