[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEPs 95 and 96

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Wed Jun 25 01:39:52 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 09:25 am, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Thomas Muldowney has submitted updated versions of JEPs 95 and 96
> (Stream Initiation and the file transfer profile for SI).

Alright, well after a lot of thinking, I've decided that these JEPs are fine,
except for just one thing:  there doesn't appear to be a way to try different
stream attempts for the same application.

For instance, it would be nice for an implementation of File Transfer to be
fully automated, so that if an s5b connection fails to establish, it can try
ibb without bothering the user about the s5b failure.  There is no provision
in these specs, as far as I can see, to even make this possible.

-Justin