[standards-jig] Stream Contexts

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Wed Jun 25 15:54:18 UTC 2003

Justin,

I fail to see the point of yet another JEP for stream context.  SI (and
the SI profile JEPs such as JEP-0096) already provide this, via its
requirements and profiles.

If this is to allow for "non-SI" use of streams, I still fail to see the
point of drafting yet another JEP.  If applications are not going to use
SI, they'll provide their own context anyway, and track it in the same
manner as SI (via the "sid" attribute in each stream protocol).

Before you waste all our time with this, please explain your
belligerence, so that the rest of us can move on.

-  LW