[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe) v 0.11

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Wed Jun 25 18:49:20 UTC 2003

Bob Wyman wrote:
>>  Removed subscription notifications since they have inherent issues.
> Could someone summarize the issues that lead to this decision?

Ralphm and I had several discussions about them. The main issue is that due to
typical message routing, the subscribed JID may or may not ever get the
subscription notification. Since jabber does not provide you a way of
garunteeing that these messags are delivered to the correct resource, it just
doesn't seem worth the effort.

That was the main issue, but there were others that I can't recall right now.
Ralphm?

pgm.