[standards-jig] JEP-0070 & JEP-0101

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Thu Jun 26 15:47:44 UTC 2003

One of my former employers used to tell me, "Never assume, because you
make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'."  This seems a most appropriate
response.

your assumptions are wrong.  The goal of JEP-0070 was to authorize HTTP
transactions via Jabber.  This is clearly stated in the heading,
abstract, and first section.  Where exactly you receive the URL from is
inconsequential.  I only used "jabber:x:oob" and "jabber:iq:oob" as
examples because they are immediately identifiable as possible routes
for receiving a URL.

You could have looked for previous works, and contacted those authors.
I would have been more than happy to work with you on this, if you had
only asked.  Instead, we now have two JEPs that mostly similar
mechanisms to reach the same goal.

-  LW