[standards-jig] JEPs and Jabber Adoption

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Fri Jun 27 05:03:54 UTC 2003

Paul,

If you want a non-perfect solution for File Transfer, then use the JEPs I
wrote last year.  As you know, Tkabber has implemented them with success.
Functionally, my JEPs were fine.  However, as we've learned over the course
of 2003, there are better ways these protocols can be specified, in terms of
using existing standards, optimizing, or staying truer to the Jabber spirit.

I agree that it is annoying that this is taking a lot of time to solve, but I
think it is good to seek better solutions, after all we're going to be stuck
with the results for years to come.  I think the JSF's decisions and
counter-JEPs so far have been wise moves.

-Justin