[standards-jig] JEPs and Jabber Adoption

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Sun Jun 29 23:59:40 UTC 2003

Paul Curtis <pcurtis at terrapin.com> wrote on 30-6-2003 1:53:05:

>Justin Karneges wrote:
>>
>> Tkabber implemented JEP 41 and 52, and it has been functional for 7
>> months without complaints (I talk to Aleksey frequently).
>
>And which other clients is tkabber able to transfer files with? You
>won't need two hands.
>
>You miss the point ... the point is to get all clients to support a
>set of file transfer JEPs, not just one or two.

The point is, I think, were these JEPs written allowed to go DRAFT (or
if we'd have some other mechanism to promote implementation along with
standardization), we wouldn't have enough hands to count that the
clients that support it. I seriously doubt we'd still have major issues
with filetransfer then by now.

--
Tijl Houtbeckers
Software Engineer @ Splendo