[standards-jig] JEPs and Jabber Adoption

Jan Niehusmann jan at gondor.com
Mon Jun 30 07:09:33 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 05:06:55PM -0700, Justin Karneges wrote:
> My point is that Tkabber is enough of a reference implementation, and there
> were no issues raised as a result.

A second or third independent implementation would be good, though. It
could still be that JEP 41/52 contain ambiguities that could lead to
incompatible implementations.

But yes, an implementation that has been in active use for 7 months is
quite a good proof that these JEPs are capable of being a solid base for
file transfer.

Now the people who were unhappy with these JEPs can look if the problems
they saw in the documents are actually an issue.

$ apt-cache search tkabber
tkabber - Tcl/Tk based Jabber client

Ah great, I think I'll have a look at it :-)

Jan