[standards-jig] JEPs and Jabber Adoption

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Mon Jun 30 14:56:22 UTC 2003

Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> David Waite <mass at akuma.org> wrote on 29-6-2003 5:16:29:
>> The JSF will not be able to conquer large-scale issues until it finds
>> a way to organize all the strong and different viewpoints of its
>> members into a single process. This is not always going to be possible
>> to do by having someone take control of the reins, such as it was with
>> multi- user chat and is currently with pub-sub.
>
> I agree, MUC is a nice example of how it could work, pub-sub however is
> an example of where a lot of good will and effort has been smothered.
> Many people tried to do work on this, but got blocked by the proces we
> force upon it. Thankfully we'll still end up with something reasonable,
> or even pretty good considering the idea is we can extend it later.

I'm curious about what your implying here. I have explicitly endevored to
consider, and usually include almost ALL comments I have recieved about JEP-60.
Please point me to specific standards-jig posts which show otherwise. As far as
I know, this JEP is ready for last call, which I was planning to propose today
or tommorrow. If you have specific issues of your own, please send a msg to the
list.

pgm.