[standards-jig] UPDATED: Icon Styles (JEP-0038)

Adam Theo theo at theoretic.com
Wed Mar 5 21:46:20 UTC 2003

Yes, This update is really just a polishing off of the previous lines of
thought. It is backwards compatible with the many existing
implementations, which was the deciding factor when I was choosing
whether or not to include the changes proposed by Mattias and others. I
decided I would juyst keep the specification as-is, and let the Council
decide whether the proposed changes were important enough to include in
the final spec.

The points that Mattias brought up are briefly addressed in the "Future
Considerations" section, which suggests using future revisions and JEPs
to add on or change the specification as it exists.

This is the first I've seen of Mattias' page listing his proposals. I'd
just read them on the mailing list. It looks like a good summary of the
concerns against the current specification. If the Council decides they
should be included, I don't have any problems doing so. I just left this
  spec as-is for the sake of backwards compatibility for existing
implementations.