[standards-jig] NEW: Jabber Object Access Protocol (JEP-0075)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 6 15:55:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Evan Prodromou has contributed a big JEP that defines methods for creating
> generic object-access servers in Jabber. Fascinating reading. Who needs
> SOAP when you've got JOAP? ;)
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0075.html

I haven't read this JEP in detail yet (just edited it in console mode at
home last night), but one nit is that it's not good XML to have multiple
root elements for the namespace (<describe/>, <read/>, etc.). I'd prefer
to see one root element (e.g., <joap/>) with child elements or an action
attribute (action='read' etc.).

But I need to print this thing out and read it in depth... :)