[standards-jig] About outgoing packets.

Casey Crabb crabbkw at nafai.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 14 23:17:00 UTC 2003

How does denmark.gov know who you are? Should it accept connections
from just anyone? Also, part of the "Jabber Way" is to make things
easy for client developers. Whats easier: using an already established
stream, or creating a new stream through a bunch of potential
firewalls?

I'd argue that it's alot easier to just use the existing stream and let
the server deal with it. There are a lot fewer server implementations
than client implementations so it makes sense to move the complexity
to the server.

I hope this helps

--
Casey