[standards-jig] UPDATED: IBB (JEP-0047)

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Tue Mar 25 01:07:47 UTC 2003

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote on 25-3-2003 2:02:48:

>Justin Karneges has updated JEP-0047 (In-Band Bytestream):
>
>http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0047.html
>
>Look for more updates soon.

Three question..

Why a 16bit integer maximum? (why not 32bit wich would be practically
infinite?) Is the value of newseq always "0" or must it be incremented
each time a new sequence ends? A mechanism to allow other things as
Base64? Personally I wouldn't use anything else, and we'd keep Base64
as default. But in the past we've seen that people want this anyway.
Also, you could for example stream MIME/Multipart content or things
like that.

So the normal request would now look something like:

<iq type="set" id="inband_1" to="joe at blow.com/Home">
  <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/ibb" sid="mySID"
  mime="application/base64"/>
</iq>