[standards-jig] JEP-0050 :: error handling

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu May 1 15:10:06 UTC 2003

Since extensible error conditions are defined in XMPP Core and will be
required at the server/service level by JEP-0073 at some point, it seems
that it would be good to define error handling in standards-track JEPs
using both old HTTP-style error codes (404, etc.) and new XMPP-style
error classes and conditions. Personally I would like to see this added
to JEP-0050 before it advances to Draft. These should also (especially)
be added to Service Discovery and any other JEPs that are part of the
Jabber IM Basic protocol suite (right now Non-SASL Authentication and
In-Band Registration). I will add support for this to the protocol
suite JEPs and otherwise bring them "up to code" for XMPP, but it would
be good  if JEP authors could add these to JEPs that are coming up for a
vote. I know it's a pain, but we're going to have to do this sooner or
later... :)

Jabber Software Foundation