[standards-jig] JEP-0050 :: nodes

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Thu May 1 15:40:27 UTC 2003

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
[SNIP]
> This is where I get confused, because there's no such example in
> JEP-0030. How does responder know what node='config' is? Is it
> guaranteed to be unique? Is this node name registered with the Jabber
> Registrar? It's not explicitly "scoped" under the 'commands' node, so
> we've seemingly switched out a sub-node for a top-level node. Call me
> obsessive-compulsive, but this seems a bit odd.

The way I've been looking at it, the item nodes are implementation specific, ie,
not everything will have node="config". So the original request is controller by
the Registrar, but the others are controller and SHOULD be maintained as unique
via the responding application.

The first node is a 'meta-node' which gives us a list of all other nodes which
can be manipulated by x-commands.

Perhaps this should be spelled out more clearly in the JEP?

pgm.